Looking to understand which are the best racquetball and squash eye-gear or goggles one can use while playing these two sports? Because make no mistake, it’s an important part of the equipment you need to buy before you pick up this sport.
Squash and racquetball are two racket sports which has players featuring on the same side of the net, making it slightly difficult for the players. And since it’s played with a hollow, rubber ball which can take speeds of up to 250 km/hr at times, there’s always a worry for one’s eyes.
Even at the highest, most professional level, players are recommended to wear eye protection during squash matches. It might seem a tad irritating at first but it’s one of the most important pieces of equipment in squash and racquetball.
We have covered this in our exhaustive guide on why should squash (and racquetball) balls wear goggles here.
Many a career-altering and even career-ending injuries have been prevented with the use of the right eye-wear in this sport and we would recommend you the same. Below our expert has put up a list of recommended goggles for squash players.
Our Best Recommended Squash/Raquetball Goggles
The following eye-wear makes our shortlist as our recommended squash and racquetball goggles. Please note we will keep updating this list every year, so you have the best for that year.
- DUNLOP I-Armor Protective Eyewear
- Head Impulse Protective Eyewear
- Bangers HS-OTG Protective Eyeguard
- Python Extremeview Racquetball Eyewear
- Wilson Vents Eyewear
- Ektelon Strobe Eyewear
- Tecnifibre Absolute Squash Eyewear
- Head Power Zone Shield Protective Eyewear
Here’s a more in-depth analysis on why we have opted for the aforementioned protective eye-gear for squash and racquetball players.
DUNLOP I-Armor Protective Eyewear
The Dunlop I-Armor Protective Eyewear is approved by the World Squash Federation and has a very sleek and stylish design. It has an ergonomic style to provide extra stability and comfort for players. The lens of the goggles are made from Polycarbonate and are shatterproof.
It also has rubberised extension arms which can be adjusted as per the size of the forehead. The lens shop is contoured to provide excellent peripheral vision and the product comes with a strap and microfibre cloth to easily clean the lenses.
It is a great option to use for players who sweats a lot as the frame will not slide from its place even if the player is using protective face cream or sweats a lot due to its fibre material. The nose pads are also excellent which protects the temples from preventing lenses’ contacting the skin and developing rashes on the nose.
The goggles do not come with an option to make the lens according to prescription glasses or can’t be worn on top of the regular glasses.
- Has an ergonomic shape and comes with an adjustable strap that provides stability and comfort for faces of all sizes
- Contoured lenses allow for excellent regular and peripheral vision
- Has a rubberised soft grip which will stay in its place and won’t be irritating to the skin
- The price of the goggle is a little higher than other models in the market.
- Can not be worn over prescription glasses and the manufacturer does not offer an option to custom make the lens as per prescription powers.
- The lenses do tend to fog up a little which may be an issue for some players.
Head Impulse Protective Eyewear
Head is one of the most well-known brands that has been making high-quality tennis, skiing and other racket sports equipment since the 1950s. It also has a very good quality of sports goggles and its Impulse is a very cost-efficient goggle that can be used for squash, racquetball, tennis and basketball.
The goggle will provide maximum protection and comfort while playing. The goggles are lightweight and come with an anti-fogging polycarbonate lens. The goggles do not have separate temple protectors but the shape of the lens around that part is hinged to provide comfort.
It has an adjustable clip-on strap so that while playing the goggles will not move from its place. The whole lens part is made from one piece which increases its durability and strength.
- The goggles have adjustable clip-on straps that secure the unit in its place and no matter how much sweating or quick movement the player has, the goggles will stay in its place.
- It has shatterproof polycarbonate glasses which durable and strong.
- The lenses come with anti-fog treatment and offer better fog control than most other goggles in the market.
- It is a relatively cheap model compared to the quality and features that it offers.
- The manufacturer claims that the goggles can be worn over the prescription glasses but even at the highest size adjuster it is too small to comfortably use them with prescription glasses.
- The nose bridge can be a little uncomfortable for some players.
Bangers HS-OTG Protective Eyeguard
Bangerz HS-OTG Protective goggles are the best solution in the market for players who want to wear prescription glasses under the goggles. The goggles are made with wide vision and have a shatterproof, anti-fogging and anti-scratching polycarbonate lens.
This is the perfect goggles for almost every contact sport and provides excellent comfort and durability. Although they are a little bit expensive compared to other models in the market its quality and features make the price of the model worth it. It has a protective brow and facial padding in the goggles.
It is size adjustable and the strap of the goggles is washable. It comes with sweatbands that hold eye guards in place. Every single pair has an owner identification tag and the product comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth as well as a storage pouch. The goggles are USRA standards approved and can be used for all sorts of racquet sports.
- These are wide vision OTG goggles which easily fit over player’s prescription glasses and comes with a polycarbonate lens.
- The lens itself is anti-scratch, anti-fog and shock & shatter resistant.
- It meets ASTM F803 standards and is USRA approved.
- It is on the higher end in terms of its price.
- For players who do not wear prescription glasses, this product may be a little too heavy for them.
- It requires regular cleaning and maintenance to ensure long-lasting performance since these are OTG style goggles.
Python Extremeview Racquetball Eyewear
Python is a brand that is quickly growing its footprint in the sports equipment market and provides some great options when it comes to goggles for racquetball. Its Extremeview goggles are extremely light and comfortable and give clear vision.
The goggles come with a protective nose guard. Although the glasses are designed and manufactured keeping racquetball in mind, the product is also useful even for non-sporting activities like wood cutting.
It has an adjustable length as it can fit perfectly for multiple head sizes. The product comes with a case and protective pouch and they lens have vents on top of them which helps keep them from fogging. These vented glasses are comfortable for use and even when used during gyms it can prevent glaring.
The lenses of the goggles are shatterproof and despite its above-average price, the quality and durability that it offers make it value for money.
- Very high-quality goggles which will last for a long period. Every single part of the goggles is made from good quality material.
- Comes with vents on the top of the lenses to prevent fogging and has features like adjustable length and a nose protector.
- The product is extremely comfortable to use and even for players who sweat a lot, these goggles will be a great option to buy.
- It is a little bit on the higher side in terms of its price.
- Does not offer as wider a vision as compared to some other rackets in the market.
Wilson Vents Eyewear
Wilson is one of the oldest and most trusted brands when it comes to racket sports equipment. ANd its Vents eyewear has a range of very attractive and high-quality goggles that can be used across many sports.
The goggles are specifically designed to provide the clearest possible vision with a distortion-free technology. It has a nose piece to provide additional comfort and stability even for players who sweat more than usual.
Vents are used to ensure that the sweat does not reach the eyes and that the lenses of the goggles do not fog up. The goggles come in a variety of attractive colours and add style to comfort and protection.
The goggles are made with wrap technology that focuses on providing maximum coverage for the eyes. It prevents any potential impact injuries but the downside of that is that everything may look a little bit more rounded. The goggles come with a transparent protective case as well as a one-year manufacturing warranty.
- The goggles are made with wrap technology to cover as much area around the eyes as possible to increase protection.
- The stabilisation mechanism of the goggles is extremely good and provides a comfortable and smooth experience.
- The vents are placed on the top of the lenses to avoid the sweat from eyebrows and foreheads to reach the eyes.
- The lenses are made with distortion-free technology which provides a focused, clear vision.
- The quality of the nose pad is questionable and can get lost after a few months.
- Because the lenses are made with wrap technology, everything can feel like rounded and can provide a dizzying experience at times.
Ektelon Strobe Eyewear
Made entirely from a single piece, the Ektelon Strobe goggles are considered to be one of the best in the market of squash goggles. It provides great comfort and excellent clear vision. The lenses itself is made to be scratch and condensation resistant.
The upper border of the frame has airflow shields that allow the glasses to get sufficient ventilation during the matches and provides next to zero levels of fogging. It also has a brow bar that collects the sweat and doesn’t allow it to reach the eyes.
The glasses meet all the safety requirements and is made with a curved shield technology that will not hinder the player’s vision during the play.
The product comes with a microfiber lens cleaning pouch and protective case. The goggles are manufactured in Taiwan and have one of the most innovative technologies in the market. One of the biggest issues that any sports glasses have is the amount of fogging that the lenses get during the play because of the humidity and air movement.
Especially for sports like squash and racketball where the air doesn’t move much, where the “trapped air” effect can make it difficult for the player. But this goggles provides very little fogging and can be used for a long period at a stretch due to its lightweight frame.
- Comes with vented airflows that ensures that the lenses don’t fog up during play.
- Brow bar and air vents on the top of the frame ensures that the sweat doesn’t reach the eyes.
- Comes with a handy cleaning pouch to increase its life.
- Despite the latest technology and great features, the goggles are priced very competitively in the market.
- The nose protector can be irritating to the skin at times.
- These goggles can not be worn over the prescription glasses.
Tecnifibre Absolute Squash Eyewear
Tecnifibre Squash Eyewear is designed keeping eye protection in mind and is one of the most unique goggles in the market in terms of its looks and design. It has an innovative vented shield technology to maximise airflow and reduce fogging.
The lens has an anti-scratch and anti-fog coating on it and the frame of the goggles is made from nylon material.
It has curved side arms with rubber grip pads that hold the frame in its position and provides additional stabilisation. The goggles come with a protective case with which they can be cleaned.
The nylon frame makes the goggles impact and fall resistant and tends to increase the life of the product. The only issue with these googles is its versatility which is not suitable for abnormal head sizes.
- The lenses are made shatterproof which prevents it from any damage from accidental impacts.
- It has the design of a curved temple which gives excellent fit and comfort along with rubbers to prevent slipping off.
- The lenses have ventilation to prevent the fogging.
- Its adjustable strap does not work great with larger than regular head sizes.
- The design of the goggles makes it very tight around the ear part which can be an issue if the player wants to wear the goggles for a long duration on a stretch.
Head Power Zone Shield Protective Eyewear
Power Zone Shield Protective is designed to prevent eye injuries during squash. The goggles have an adjustable length as well as temples with a rubber attached to it to provide extra comfort and best fit to players of all head sizes.
These features allow the goggles to stay in their place during the gameplay. The goggles come with an additional elastic strap, so if the player wants additional stability, they can attach the strap.
The product takes a lot of its technology and features from the goggles the brand produces from Ski. The lenses have an anti-fog and scratch-resistant coating that provides great performance for a long time.
The goggles are lightweight and can be worn for a long period and comply with the ASTM F803 and ANSI Z87.1 standards which are considered to be the gold benchmark. The goggles come with a protective case as well.
- Designed to provide maximum safety to the eye during squash and the product has a unique design adopted from Ski.
- It has temple adjustable frame which keeps them slipping off the face during a game and comes with an additional headband for a better fit.
- The ventilation holes on the top of the frame provide for great ventilation and prevent fogging.
- The product is priced very attractively.
- The nose guard is not very effectively designed and can be irritating to the skin.
- Due to the narrow ends on both sides of the lenses, the peripheral vision is impacted at times.