United Cup, a completely new edition of a tournament to be played across both the circuits, ATP and WTA, will be held as the season-opener in 2023. In this piece below, you can find all the methods using which you can watch the 2023 United Cup live streaming and buy tickets for this event which will be held in Australia.
What makes the United Cup unique is that it’s the first ever mixed team event that also offers ranking points.
Before this, there have been team competitions in tennis, which include the Laver Cup, Davis Cup, Billie Jean King Cup, ATP Cup and Hopman Cup but only the last of those names comprised of players from both, the ATP and WTA Tours.
Neither of those tournaments, however, has awarded ATP or WTA Ranking Points to the players.
The United Cup will allow players to win a maximum of 500 points.
How to Watch the 2023 United Cup Live?
Looking to watch the 2022 edition of the ATP Astana Open live and don’t how to do it? Don’t worry we have you covered here.
Depending on which region you are in, the ATP organizers have signed up deals with local sports TV channels and websites which will broadcast an ATP 500 event like this live.
Australian viewers can watch the 2022 edition of the Astana Open live with a subscription with beIN TV while in France it’s Eurosport which telecasts this tournament throughout the country.
Sky Deutschland will be responsible for broadcasting the Astana Open this year live in Germany, while tennis fans in Spain can watch this live with Telefonica (Movistar).
In the UK, Astana Open will be live with Amazon Prime while American audiences can do that on Tennis Channel.
Depending on which of the other parts of Europe you are at, United Media, Eurosport and Sky Deutschland have the telecast rights to this tournament.
TennisTV.com is the official live streaming partner of the 2022 Astana Open and you can watch it live with them for a monthly fee of $14.99 (or an equivalent of that depending on where you are staying).
Other Methods to Watch United Cup
Now while the above two options mentioned are the best way to go about watching the Astana Open live, you could also watch other tennis tournaments if you are looking for it using the options mentioned below.
The other way to watch live tennis streams online is to sign up with bookmakers who offer these options. What you would need to do is to make a small deposit of about $10 and start watching the streams live. Two such bookmakers include bet365 and Unibet which live stream ATP and WTA tournaments live.
You will also need to check if this is available in your region because these bookmakers do not have the broadcasting rights in some of the countries around the world.
Where will the United Cup 2023 be Played?
Three cities will be hosting the 2023 edition of the United Cup – Brisbane, Perth and Sydney.
The Pat Rafter Arena in Brisbane and the RAC Arena in Perth will be the venues for the group stages of the competition while the Ken Rosewall Arena in Sydney will host both, the group stage and the knockouts.
United Cup 2023 Schedule & Dates
The 2023 edition of the United Cup will kick-start with its group stages on Thursday, December 29, 2022 and the final set will be played on Sunday, January 8, 2023.
The group stage of the competition will be played between December 29 and January 3, while the Host City Finals will be held on January 4, 2023.
The top four teams from the aforementioned will then get a day’s break before featuring in the semifinal on January 6 and 7 while the final will be played on January 8.
The total prize money on offer for United Cup is about $15 million.
How to Buy United Cup 2023 Tickets?
The United Cup 2023 tickets can be bought from the official website here.
The tickets for the matches in Brisbane and Sydney can be bought from TicketMaster.com.au while those for the matches in Perth will be available at Ticketek.com.au.
Teams & Players Participating in the United Cup 2023
Players representing 18 countries will take part in the 2023 edition of the United Cup. Here’s a list of all the countries and its respective players participating in the United Cup 2023.
- Greece: Maria Sakkari, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Despina Papamichail, Michail Pervolarakis, Valentini Grammatikopoulou, Stefanos Sakellaridis, Sapfo Sakellaridi, Petros Tsitsipas
- Poland: Iga Swiatek, Hubert Hurkacz, Magda Linette, Kamil Majchrzak, Weronika Falkowska, Daniel Michalski, Alicja Rosolska, Łukasz Kubot
- USA: Jessica Pegula, Taylor Fritz, Madison Keys, Frances Tiafoe, Alycia Parks, Denis Kudla, Desirae Krawczyk, Hunter Reese
- Spain: Paula Badosa, Rafael Nadal, Nuria Parrizas-Diaz, Pablo Carreño Busta, Jessica Bouzas Maneiro, Albert Ramos Viñolas, David Vega Hernandez
- Italy: Martina Trevisan, Matteo Berrettini, Lucia Bronzetti, Lorenzo Musetti, Camilla Rosatello, Andrea Vavassori, Nuria Brancaccio, Marco Bortolotti
- France: Caroline Garcia, Arthur Rinderknech, Alize Cornet, Adrian Mannarino, Leolia Jeanjean, Manuel Guinard, Jessika Ponchet, Édouard Roger-Vasselin
- Australia: Ajla Tomljanović, Nick Kyrgios, Zoe Hives, Alex de Minaur, Maddison Inglis, Jason Kubler, Samantha Stosur, John Peers,
- Croatia: Petra Martic, Borna Coric, Donna Vekic, Borna Gojo, Tara Wurth, Matija Pecotić, Petra Marčinko
- Switzerland: Belinda Bencic, Stan Wawrinka, Jil Teichmann, Marc-Andrea Hüsler, Ylena In-Albon, Dominic Stricker, Joanne Züger, Alexander Ritschard
- Germany: Laura Siegemund, Alexander Zverev, Jule Niemeier, Oscar Otte, Anna-Lena Friedsam, Daniel Altmaier, Julia Lohoff, Fabian Fallert
- Brazil: Beatriz Haddad Maia, Thiago Monteiro, Laura Pigossi, Felipe Meligeni Alves, Carolina Alves, Matheus Pucinelli de Almeida, Luisa Stefani, Rafael Matos
- Belgium: Elise Mertens, David Goffin, Alison van Uytvanck, Zizou Bergs, Magali Kempen, Kimmer Coppejans, Kirsten Flipkens, Michael Geerts
- Czech Republic: Petra Kvitová, Jiří Lehečka, Marie Bouzková, Tomáš Macháč, Jesika Malečková, Lukáš Rosol, Dalibor Svrčina
- Great Britain: Harriet Dart, Cameron Norrie, Katie Swan, Dan Evans, Anna Brogan, Jan Choinski, Ella McDonald, Jonny O’Mara
- Argentina: Nadia Podoroska, Diego Schwartzman, María Carlé, Francisco Cerúndolo, Paula Ormaechea, Federico Coria, Andres Molteni
- Norway: Ulrikke Eikeri, Casper Ruud, Malene Helgø, Viktor Durasovic, Lilly Haseth, Andreja Petrovic,
- Bulgaria: Viktoriya Tomova, Grigor Dimitrov, Isabella Shinikova, Dimitar Kuzmanov, Gergana Topalova, Adrian Andreev
- Kazakhstan: Yulia Putintseva, Alexander Bublik, Zhibek Kulambayeva, Timofey Skatov, Gozal Ainitdinova, Denis Yevseyev, Grigoriy Lomakin
What Happened at the Last Edition of the United Cup?
This is the very first time that the United Cup will be played. It has replaced the ATP Cup which was held in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Canada had won the previous edition of the ATP Cup by defeating Spain in the final.
Previous ATP Cup Champions
The ATP Cup was first played in 2020 and was held till 2022 before it was replaced by the United Cup. Here’re the three winners of that tournament so far.
- 2022: Canada beat Spain
- 2021: Russia beat Italy
- 2020: Serbia beat Spain
Final Words on Watching United Cup 2023 Live Streaming
The United Cup 2023 can be watched live on television or can be streamed live online using different methods. Check for the various options in this piece mentioned above.