Table tennis tables aren’t a piece of equipment you would want to change often given the costs associated with it but more importantly, the cumbersome issues and cost around transportation. Which is we recommend an exhaustive list of our best 10 indoor table tennis tables you could choose from this year.
Before we get down to the business of our list of 10 indoor table tennis tables, we would recommend your first call would be to decide on whether you need an indoor table or an outdoor one.
If you are already sure you are looking for an indoor table, you can skip to the next paragraph but if you are still looking to make that decision, read our exhaustive guide on the differences between an indoor and outdoor table tennis table here.
You can now hop straight on to the next section where we have listed our best recommendations for indoor table tennis tables (and if you are interested what are the factors we have considered before arriving at this list, you can check that here).
Our Recommended Best Indoor Table Tennis Tables for 2022
Here’s a quick list of the tables you can buy for indoor table tennis. Their individual features and pros and cons with each of them have been explained in the sections below.
- BUTTERFLY Compact Indoor 19 Table
- STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready Indoor Table Tennis
- Joola Inside
- Sponeta Super Compact 8-37 W Premium
- Stiga Triumph
- Cornilleau 500M Indoor Crossover
- Killerspin Revolution
- DUNLOP Evo 8500 WCPP
- Viper Arlington
- JOOLA Tour Competition Grade Indoor
- Why Do Table Tennis Players Touch the Table While Playing?
- Difference Between Table Tennis & Ping Pong?
Here’s a deeper analysis on why we have opted for the aforementioned table tennis tables for indoor sport.
BUTTERFLY Compact Indoor 19 Table
This indoor table is named compact for the correct reasons. The best part about this model is that it is compact and takes very little space when stored.
The storage dimensions of the table are 4 feet 8 inches high, 5 feet wide and 3 inches deep. It is an ideal table for home use or places like school where players are likely to be playing at the entry-level.
The rubber on the net clamp is good quality and ensures that no damage is done to the playing surface while preparing the table to play.
For most recreational players, this is a very good product that should last for a long time and will serve the purpose.
The table itself has a 19 mm top layer and comes in a green surface colour separated in two halves. The storage and movement mechanism are really easy as the table folds easily and two wheels.
It is also a very economically attractive model priced around $450 in the US market but the same could be bought from a UK seller at around £275 which would be roughly $350. It comes with a three-year guarantee and two reverse sponge bats and three practise balls with it.
- Value for money option
- Compact in storage dimensions, just 3 inches of width
- Solid 19 mm playing surface
- Easy setup and free bats and balls
- Not competition approved
- Features like bat storage
- The quality of the net is not the best
STIGA Advantage competition-ready Indoor Table Tennis
The Stiga Advantage table comes with a 16 mm layer on the top and comes with a playback feature and rubber levellers to ensure that no damage is done to your floors by scratches.
It retails around $375 and is considered to be the best table under the price range of $400. It is as close to a professional table that one can get in the price range but the labelling of the table being “competition ready” is a bit far fetched.
Most of the actual competition level tables are 25 mm at least and this model at 16 mm does lack a little bit of pace and bounce that one may get from a thicker table surface.
But for players just starting in the sport, it is a great economy model to go for.
It has a great undercarriage system and comes with a professional level quality net. The wheels of the tables are larger than normal and once locked, it feels solid.
It comes with a zero-gravity balance technology which makes this table lightweight in handling and easy to set up. Features like a great quality net and excellent table finishing from Stiga makes it a very attractive option.
- An all-round model in the price range of below $400
- 72-inch heavy-duty tournament-grade net
- Easy to assemble with its 10-minute play ready feature
- 16 mm top layer is too thin, a tournament-level table must be at least 22 mm
- Bounce may be an issue for competent players
Joola is one of the biggest brands in the sport and has sponsored Olympics, world championships and the US Open. This 15 mm top layer indoor version is an ideal value for money table that is compact and easy to set up.
It takes around 20 minutes to set up and the table is divided into two foldable halves. It comes with adjustable legs and the table will be level even if the surface it is on is uneven. Each half is equipped with four castor wheels which makes the table easy to move.
It costs around $400 and but only comes with a satisfaction guarantee which means that if the product has any issues, the company will resolve the issue but not necessarily take the unit back.
- Solid surface with even bounce despite a 15 mm layer
- Handy features like corner protectors, rust-free powder coating and playback mode
- Compact design which is easy to set up, fold, move and store
- Great quality material used all around, the table is built to last
- Prone to warping in heat and humidity, so the playing area should always be dry and cool
- A little heavy at around 140 lbs
- No paddles or balls given with the table
Sponeta Super Compact 8-37 W Premium
Sponeta Super Compact is an International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) tournament approved table which is on the high-end spectrum both in terms of pricing as well as the quality & features. It has a multi-coated 25 mm top and a 2.6-inch wide steel apron.
It has two gas pressure springs for weight neutralisation which helps in opening and closing the table easily. It does not require manual assembly each time you want to play or pack it. A simple click mechanism secures the table for storage.
It is really easy to store and move plus it comes with rubber tread wheels which makes its 257 lbs heavy frame comfortable to move. This is a great indoor table ideally suited for serious players who want a tournament level table to practice at home.
But thanks to its solid features, the table is one of the more expensive indoor ones available in this list.
- It is ITTF Competition Approved
- Convenient storage and movement
- Comes pre-assembled and has a one-click mechanism for different types of plays
- Has traditional and playback modes
- Has stable legs and rolling casters with locks
- A great 25 mm top surface and provides even consistent bounce
- It’s an expensive product meant for serious players
- It’s very heavy which can be an issue in certain conditions
Stiga’s triumph version is a low price basic model but it comes with loads of handy features and quality of the Stiga brand.
It comes with a 16 mm tabletop layer which is given a UV finish and silk screen lining to give a smooth experience while playing. To provide consistently even bounce during the gameplay it has two inches still apron and steel legs for the solid base while the table is in use.
It has larger than regular three-inch mag wheels with locks which makes its transport convenient and makes no scratches or damages to the floor.
The assembly for the unit is quite simple but it can take up to 20 minutes to become game ready. It does have some really handy features like corner protectors, net and post sets with adjustable tensions as well as self-opening legs.
It also consists the playback feature for single players to play.
It costs around $475 and the packaging includes two hardbat rackets and three one-star white balls. This is a great option for amateur players who do not want to spend a lot of money but get a basic table which has all the key features in it.
- One of the best value for money options in from a reputed manufacturer
- Easy to assemble and can be done by only one person
- Very attractive finishing and performance for a table at the lower end price range
- Takes little storage space and has a better capacity to deal with hot, humid storage conditions
- There is a gap in the centre when you fold the two sides which is an issue especially when playing in playback mode
- The material could be more sturdy, despite great finishing, it does feel a little underwhelming at times
Cornilleau 500M Indoor Crossover
Next, the list is a premium end crossover model from Cornilleau which was originally built as an outdoor model but with few tweaks and additional features, has made this model an excellent indoor table. It has an arched design in its legs and has a very unique design.
It has a solid 22 mm top layer that gives consistent bounce and long-lasting performance. The unis are built on a DSI security system mechanism which ensures that the opening and closing of the unit is easy and safe.
It is a perfect premium end solution for serious level players who want to have a table indoors but do not have a lot of space.
As mentioned earlier, it is a premium end product which can be used both outdoors and indoors. And because of high quality and multiple user features, it will peg you back a little in terms of its price.
It is on the costlier side – not as costly as the Sponeta Super Compact – but comes with a 10-year warranty on its materials and workmanship.
- 22 mm tabletop surface for even and consistent bounce
- Excellent coating finishing on the top to avoid glare and reflections due to indoor lights
- Huge eight inches wheels for convenient movement
- Can be used as an outside table as well
- Resistant to all types of weather
- An expensive product meant for serious level players
- Difficult to assemble the first time for non-experienced buyers
Killerspin is one of the newest brands in the market but has been coming out with some amazing products. And its “Killer” ping pong table is one of the most beautiful tables around in the market.
This is another premium segment table in our list and has been described as the “Ferrari of Table Tennis Tables” by the experts.
The revolution series is a tournament level model and has a brilliant design, exceptional performance along with unique features. It comes with a 25 mm top layer with glare-reducing coating and great stability mechanisms.
It has a tournament-ready zephyr net post set and heavy-duty steel frame. It is even considered an accessory to add style to one’s lounge or living room.
The Killerspin Revolution has huge steel arches supporting its frame and it primarily makes the look of the table very attractive. It comes in red, blue and grey variants. The price of the Killerspin Revolution is one of the highest here and comes with a one-year manufacturing warranty on the product with an option of additional support warranty.
- Scratch-resistant and anti glaring coating on the surface
- High-quality post system and arched legs keep the table stable
- 25 mm tournament level top layer
- Gives long-lasting consistent performance which is built to last
- Extremely attractive design and looks
- More expensive than most options in the market, meant for serious level players
- At 300 lbs, its heavy to move around too frequently
DUNLOP Evo 8500 WCPP
Dunlop is not one of the most famous brands when it comes to ping pong tables. But its Evo 8500 is a really good tournament level table that has lots of great features, durability and is truly a bargain in terms of price.
It has a 25 mm top layer with repeat roller coating that ensures excellent playability. The frame is built on heavy gauge metal edge banding that ensures the stability of the table when playing as well as longer life.
It has a supreme quality net with adjustable height and tensions along with four wheels on each side of the table for easy and convenient movement. It was also used as the official table in the World Ping Pong Championships.
It is an ideal table for indoor uses especially at recreational clubs and schools where the level of playing is amateur but a sturdy and long-lasting product is required. Dunlop has priced this table at $625 and it comes with two bats, three balls as well as a storage cover.
- A 25 mm top layer which gives long-lasting and consistent performance
- Easy mechanism to assemble it and lightweight
- Excellently priced and offers great value for money
- Limited warranty time on the product
- Doesn’t offer features like corner protectors or inbuilt bat storage
One of the rare black tables that are available in the market, Viper Arlington is a very classy, elegant and stand out option in the entry-level options. It is ideal for amateur or recreational players and costs around $400. It has got a very striking black frame with red stripes which gives it a premium look beyond its range.
It comes with a 16 mm tabletop layer and square legs with four wheels to both sides of the table to give it sturdiness.
One of the main advantages of this table is that unlike most other foldable tables, both sides of this unit gets stored separately, thus requiring lower storage space.
The wheels come with locks to ensure that the table doesn’t move while playing and is easy to move on the carpet and regular surface without causing marks.
It is a very basic model and apart from its attractive looks, has fairly modest features. It is a great option for players who are looking for something basic but stylish at a relatively low price point.
- Really attractive looks with black frame and red stripes
- Separate folding for both sides making it easy to store
- Easy to move on all kinds of floors
- The relatively low price point for an entry-level table, ideal for beginners and amateurs
- Playback mode available for single player
- Very heavy at around 250 lbs
- Fingerprints visible on the tabletop surface after using it for a while
- A gap may be created in the middle after it’s been used for a few months
JOOLA Tour Competition Grade Indoor
Just around $100 more then Jula’s Inside version, the Tour Competition Grade offers a higher layer of the top surface than the regular version.
Compared to a top layer of 15 mm in the regular inside version, Joola Tour Competition offers an 18 mm top layer. It is a good option for serious players who are looking for a unit for their practice at home.
Its dual trolley system allows the user to fold both the sides separately and store them away with ease. The caster wheels are height adjustable and that ensures that the table will be even if the surface where the table is placed is not. It also offers a playback mode which is one of the most crucial features when buying any indoor table.
The lower price range of around $550 means that apart from a thicker top layer, the table isn’t a huge upgrade on its predecessor.
The durability could be a little bit better and like all Joola products, it only comes with a satisfaction guarantee. Which means if you are not 100% satisfied with the product, the issue will be resolved.
- Just eight bolts are needed to assemble the table, reducing the time to get it ready to 10 minutes
- Comes with a playback feature
- Handy locking casters to play on uneven surfaces
- Easy to store since both sides of the table fold separately
- A very attractive price point offers a value for money solution
- The net with the table isn’t of the highest quality
- Features like corner protectors and racket storage missing
- It may show signs of wear and tear after a while
We will keep updating the aforementioned list of table tennis tables for indoor use over a period of time so that you have only the best to choose from. Some of the above are higher-range, premium products more suited for rougher use while others are for lower-end, recreational users and you can choose one of the tables based on that.
In another piece, we will also be looking to set up the best indoor table tennis tables at different price ranges as well, so if you are more concerned about the price – as a lot of us are! – you can get that information here too.