Given the nature of racquetball as a sport and the courts used to play racquetball on, it’s important to wear the right shoes for it. In this piece below, we look at and review some of the best shoes you can wear while playing racquetball.
While racquetball had seen a loss of following in the 1980s, there has been a change in that regard in recent times. More and more people around the world are realizing the benefits of using sport as a workout tool and sports like squash and racquetball have seen a surge in popularity again as a result.
A sport like racquetball is particularly very healthy and helps players lose a lot more calories than some of the other racket sports like table tennis and pickleball.
What’s important to note, however, is to ensure you keep injuries at bay, and using proper equipment is one way of going about it. Whether it’s the eyes or the feet, it’s vital to find the right protective eyewear or the perfect-fit shoes while playing racquetball to ensure you are good to go.
Our Recommendations for the Best Racquetball Shoes in 2023
- HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball/Squash Indoor Court Shoes (Non-Marking)
- Adidas Men’s Futurecourt Racquetball Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 10 Court Shoes
- Babolat Jet Mach III AC White Shoes
- Adidas Men’s Grand Court LTS Racquetball Shoe
- Wilson – Men’s Rush Pro Ace
HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball/Squash Indoor Court Shoes (Non-Marking)
Known to be a mid-top shoe, the HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball/Squash Indoor Court Shoes provide excellent ankle support.
These shoes have a gum rubber sole which gives a great grip on indoor wooden courts, something that makes them stand out in the market.
Interestingly, unlike some of the other racquetball shoes mentioned in this list, its weight might not suit everyone.
Having spoken to a handful of those who used the HEAD Men’s Sonic 2000 MID Racquetball/Squash Shoes, it seems like this weight does have some takers but at the same others found it heavier.
- Good ankle support
- The gum rubber sole provides good grip for indoor racquetball courts
- Short break-in period
- Might not be the lightest weighing shoes around (you might want to check whether that suits you or not)
- Could do with a better arch support
adidas Men’s Barricade 12 Racquetball Shoe
The adidas Men’s Barricade 12 Racquetball Shoe is made for court play and its textile upper makes it one more of the more durable shoes around in the market for playing racquetball.
With an enhanced comfort and flexibility on offer, the adidas Men’s Barricade 12 Racquetball Shoe has a Torsion System which allows players to change directions without too much trouble.
At 1.85 pounds, the adidas Men’s Barricade 12 is a lightweight shoe which has a non-marking adiwear outsole that gives it its durability.
Adidas shoes are also considered good pickleballs shoes by some of the best pickleball players in the world.
- One of the most comfortable racquetball shoes
- For those just starting out, these are long-lasting and durable
- Very stable on court for the ankles
- Excellent grip
- Could take time to break in
- Slightly more expensive than some of the others here
ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 10 Court Shoes
The ASICS GEL-ROCKET 10 is the perfect shoe for all your indoor racket sports including racquetball because of the kind of cushioning it offers to the players’ feet.
With a much-improved stability in recent times, the ASICS GEL-ROCKET 10 helps in easy movement on court.
A great forefoot support allows players to make the cuts with aplomb and its TRUSSTIC application for its midsole reduces difficulties while changing directions on court.
It is lightweight and provides an awesome grip on indoor courts.
- Multi-sport shoe including racquetball
- Allows easy movement on court
- One of the best for making quick court transitions
- Provides good lateral support
- No breaking-in period
- Might not be as durable as some of the others on this list
Babolat Jet Mach III AC White Shoes
As the name suggests, the Babolat Jet Mach III AC shoe is known for its speed and agility and since it’s a shoe that can also be used in a more strenuous sport like tennis, it allows players to move and change directions without any woes.
While Babolat’s Propulse shoe has more stability, Jet Mach III’s biggest strength is the easy maneuverability on court. Add Propulse’s redesigned midsole that has been bolstered with more cushioning, we seem to have a winner here.
Babolat has attempted improve the durability of these shoes by using Signature Michelin rubber for the manufacture of its outsole but there have been a few questions asked by the consumers about this.
- Lightweight shoes known for their speed
- More stable than some of the previous Babolat versions
- Better cushioning and support
- Durability could be a bit of a question-mark if you are a regular user
Adidas Men’s Grand Court LTS Racquetball Shoe
One of the lighter racquetball shoes in the market, the Adidas Men’s Grand Court LTS Racquetball Shoe weighs a mere 2.05 pounds, making movement across the court a way smoother exercise.
Its cushioned feel reduces the impact that the constant turn-stop-turn nature of racquetball could have on your feet.
This shoe can be worn while playing other sports like tennis too thanks to its synthetic upper sole – which makes it a long-lasting – and a rubber outsole. This latter quality also provides better traction on a racquetball court than your casual sneaker.
The Adidas Men’s Grand Court LTS Racquetball Shoe also doesn’t require a lot of break-in time which make them a quality product that can be used by most beginner and intermediate racquetball players.
- One of the lower weighing racquetball shoes in the market
- Solid cushioning
- Excellent traction on court
- Can be used to play other sports or for a stroll on the beach!
- Doesn’t need a long break-in period
- Might need to check for your size before buying since they are smaller than the rest
Wilson – Men’s Rush Pro Ace
Wilson has a popular line of racket sports shoes by the name of Rush Pro and one of the latest models in this line is the Rush Pro Ace.
What makes the Wilson Rush Pro Ace an improved version of the previous edition of these shoes is how comfortable these feel because of the soft feel to the uppers. Adding to that is the stability that the compactness of the 4D chassis brings even during the strongest of movements on court.
The outsole is the Duralast which has a herringbone tread pattern, ensuring good, solid traction across various racket sports.
- Excellent support for the toe despite aggressive feet movements
- Solid grip on racquetball courts
- Feet do not heat up because of the ventilation
- Durability could be a question-mark for regular play
Final Words on Best Racquetball Shoes in 2023
With racquetball becoming more and more popular in recent times, the demand for racquetball shoes is growing too and in the sections above we have reviewed some of the best racquetball shoes you could look at this year.
From our perspective, our quick recommendation would be the ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 10 Court.