Looking for more information on the best mini table tennis tables in the market? Here’s our list of recommended small-sized table tennis tables which you can look to buy for some recreational table tennis if there are space constraints, especially at home or in a bar or a club.
Anyone who has ever seen an indoor or outdoor standard size table tennis table will know those things are large enough to take up a lot of space wherever kept.
They can be heavy and cumbersome to fold up and move after every use thus makes it an impractical option for casual players or players with limited space in their apartments. That is where mini and compact size tables come into the picture.
They are smaller in size, can fit in compact spaces and are a breeze to set up, unfold and store away.
Players who want to be involved in playing the game consistently but are not much bothered with having a full standard size table and having a playback mode with their table can go for a mini version.
It can be a great choice to play with your friends, family casually and can also be used for a host of various activities like board and card games. They may not offer some of the features from the standard size tables and may have a thinner tabletop surface but the advantages that they offer far outweighs a few drawbacks.
Obviously, at the expense of repetition, this isn’t really meant for those aiming to advance their table tennis game to levels from where they can make a career out of it.
Our Best Recommended Mini Table Tennis Tables for Home Use
Our best ever recommended badminton rackets for intermediate players can be found below. Please note we will keep updating this list every year, so you have the best for that year.
- Butterfly Junior Compact 3/4 Size
- Joola Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table
- Stiga Space Saver Compact Table Tennis Table
- Franklin Sports Mid Sized Table Tennis Table
- Exhaustive Step by Step Guide to Seal Table Tennis Rackets
- Best Table Tennis Machines/Robots Reviewed
Here’s a deeper analysis on why we have opted for the aforementioned mini table tennis tables for home use.
Butterfly Junior Compact 3/4 Size
The Butterfly 3/4 is three fourth of the size of a full international standard table tennis table and thus becomes a great option as a mini table which is suitable for smaller spaces but at the same time is also big enough to play the game comfortably.
The table comes pre-assembled and the user does not need to do any set up what so ever. One just needs to unfold the table and put the net on to play.
The net is adjustable and can be modified according to the comfort of the players. When playing is done, one can easily fold it back and store it away.
The weight for each side of the table is just 35 lbs thus it only requires one person to fold and unfold it. The total dimensions for the table are 81 x 45 x 30 (H) inches.
Both sides fold separately and with two strong wheels on the side, the unit is very portable to store away in cupboard or garage. The ping pong tables’ legs fold on each side and the storage of the same only takes around 5 inches in terms of the width.
It is an ideal indoor recreational table that can be used for other activities like the card and board games as well.
The table has a 12 mm top which is not the best if one is looking for a great bounce but it is good enough for the ones looking to play the sport for fun. It also has corner pads that protect the players as well as the frame itself.
The table is made of medium-density fibreboard (MDF) material and if it’s looked after reasonably, it shall give a consistent and high-quality performance for a long time. The table comes in two standard colours of blue and green and has a limited manufacturer’s warranty of one year on it.
The table can not be folded up on one side and be used in a solo player mode which is one drawback of this unit. The table is priced very reasonably and is an attractive option to buy for those who are looking to save some space or want to buy a unit for children.
Adult players can also use the smaller table to focus more on their technique as it will force them to increase the accuracy of their strokes.
- Good quality mini table at a reasonable price which is ideal for recreational players and children.
- No set up required and the table gets ready for play within less than five minutes.
- It is fairly lightweight and can be unfolded and securely stored away by just one person
- This table does not offer a solo playback mode
- The legs of the table could be better and at times wobbles when placed on an uneven surface because it does not have height adjusters.
- Not ideal for professional level players
Joola Midsize Compact Table Tennis Table
Joola is one of the leading table tennis equipment manufacturers in the world and its Midsize compact table tennis table is one of the best all-round options in the mini tables category.
The brand has been around in the sport since the 1950s and has sponsored some of the biggest events in table tennis like the Olympics, US Open and the world championships. The brand is known for its high-quality products and the midsize compact is no different.
This table is 2/3rd size of a regular ITTF approved table. The height of the table is the same as regular ones but has a smaller surface area which makes it ideal for small rooms, apartments and dorms.
A table is also a multi-purpose unit where both halves can be separated when not in use and can be easily used for card, board and other casino games.
This midsize unit is preassembled and requires no separate set up. It can be taken out of the box and it’s ready for play within seconds.
The two halves easily fold underneath the and then can be stored under the bed or in a cupboard. The storage dimensions of the table are 36 ” x 36″. The total weight of the table is around 58 lbs and thus is extremely light to handle considering it gets separated in two halves.
The surface is made of slate-like material and is very sturdy even if one wants to use it outdoors but it is important to remember that it is not weatherproof and can not be left outside. The unit is not meant for rugged usage.
The product is slightly above average when it comes to its price but the brand’s quality and 100% satisfaction guarantee more than makes up for it.
- Strong and sturdy table to play in indoors and small spaces
- No set up required and easy to fold, unfold and store
- The very good quality surface which provides even and consistent bounce
- The multi-purpose table which can be used for card and board games
- Slightly expensive considering the limited features that it provides
- Does not come with corner protectors
- Does not fold up on one side to offer solo play mode like traditional table tennis tables
Stiga Space Saver Compact Table Tennis Table
Stiga is one of the best brands in the manufacturing of table tennis equipment and its space saver compact table is right up there with the best options available in the market in the mini tables’ category.
This table has a very practical, simple and effective design that maximizes the user experience. The table itself is 71 inches long and around 41 inches wide. If you compare its size with the traditional standard size tables which are 108 inches x 60 inches, this table is exactly 2/3rd of the size.
The table follows a plug and plays a model where the user can take it out of the cover and start playing in less than a minute.
It comes with an almost 16 mm thick top surface which is surprisingly thick for this category of the table. The table’s top surface is made from medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and its thick surface gives very even and consistent bounce while playing.
The surface is painted with multiple layers of paints to make it smoother and provide a silk finishing.
The table has sturdy 1.25-inch thick steel legs and has a powder coating finish to ensure that it provides good looks and durable performance.
Unlike most other compact tables, Stiga space saver comes with height adjusters on each leg and thus can be used on uneven surfaces without any issues. The legs also have rubber covers so that it won’t scratch the surface while moving the table.
The table comes with net and posts both of which are excellent quality and are tension adjustable. Both the halves of the table can be separated and used in isolation during a party or event for board games and are easy to fold and store.
Each half can be packed down to 35.5 inches x 40.5 inches and 30.6 inches in terms of its space and can be easily stored under a bed or in a cupboard.
The table does not offer a playback option but overall it is a great option for anyone who wants to maximize a limited space does not want to miss out on any features. All in all, this is a mini version of Stiga’s best selling standard size table, Stiga Advantage.
- Compact size and 100% preassembled makes it an ideal option for smaller apartments or lounges.
- Great quality and sturdy material used that will be durable and give a consistent performance for a long time.
- A 16 mm tabletop surface with smooth finishing shall provide even and consistent bounce
- Weighs only around 37 lbs per half and is lightweight.
- It is almost half the price of a full-sized table and comes with a 38-inch net and post set.
- The table does not offer a solo playback option for single players
- Not made for serious or professional players
Franklin Sports Mid Sized Table Tennis Table
Franklin Sports is one of the newcomers in the table tennis equipment manufacturing and they have been coming up with some unique and great quality models. Its mid-sized table tennis table is 72 inches x 36 inches, which is rough 3/5th the size of a standard ping pong table.
Many other tables in the market can take a long time to set up and start playing but this unit has a tool-free assembly according to the manufacturer. The user can simply unfold each half and swing pen the legs and install the support bar to start playing.
The table is perfect for a small apartment as each the table can be folded up separately and can be stored and transported easily.
The table comes with built-in handles which makes it easier to transport. The legs are of very decent quality and come with height adjusters so that it can be used on an uneven surface.
One of the most unique features that the table comes with is an integrated two ball and paddle holders with the net itself. It is very rare for tables in the compact series to come with paddle and ball holders and its certainly a great feature.
The top surface is around 9 mm thick which can be a bit of a let down for some players who are used to play with an almost one-inch thickness in standard tables. But the quality of the overall table is excellent and is likely to last for years if taken well care of. The table also has corner protectors to ensure the safety of the players and the table while playing.
The table comes in a very bright green colour and is in the above-average category when it comes to its price.
- Some unique features like corner protectors, height adjustable legs and ball & paddle holders which is rare in a table in this category.
- It is made with a no-tool assembly system and is extremely easy to set up and start playing.
- The overall quality of the table is excellent and can be even used as an outdoor table given that it is moved inside after every use.
- The tabletop surface is only 9 mm thick which can be an issue when it comes to producing consistent bounce.
- It is a little expensive considering other tables in the mini and compact tables market.
Harvil Portable Folding Ping Pong Table (60 inches)
Harvil is a US-based manufacturer who is a family-run company and produces very good quality table tennis equipment. Harvil Portable Folding table is essentially a carry and play table which is extremely easy to set up, fold and store away.
It’s got a great playing surface and is extremely convenient to transport from one place to another. The table can be folded into the size of a briefcase and is an ideal solution to maximize limited space in closed apartments or small rooms.
The machine dimensions are 60 inches x 26 inches x 27 inches and weigh approximately 31 pounds in total.
It has a very durable frame which is powder-coated steel and provides great playability. The set comes with a net and net posts as well as two rackets and three balls to practice with.
The table has fixed fasteners on the edge of the table that will ensure that the table is locked when folded.
Even though the table is meant to be used as an inside table, due to its lightweight and portability it can be used outdoors as well. But the table is not weatherproof and must be secured back to storage. The material itself is waterproof and any water spillage will not damage the product or reduce its performance.
The assembly of the table is easy and simple to understand. One needs to unlock the table and open its legs and lock them into their place.
Once the table is upright, pick the net and poles to insert them into the loops. Repeat the same on the other side and the table is ready for play. The table can easily fit under a bed or in the trunk of the car and is made of medium density fibre and is environment friendly.
The only downsides of this table are that it does not come with height adjusted legs, which means it will wobble when placed on an uneven surface.
- Extremely lightweight and compact. It will fold to the size of a briefcase when not in use.
- It is made with extremely good quality material and will last for a long time if taken care of.
- Comes with a pair of paddles and three balls.
- It has been priced attractively and is an ideal option for casual players.
- The table only comes with a six-month limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- Like most other compact tables, it does not offer a solo playback mode for single players.