Looking to buy a pickleball bag for all your needs heading into a tournament or just to practice in a club. Below is our list of 11 pickleball bags you could look at with their pros and cons mentioned under them.
I have often been motivated by watching those sport-stars walk out to the court with a bag hanging over their shoulder, to the applause of the crowds.
And the one thing that has often stuck me is how cool those racket bags look, giving out a sense of professionalism and made me want to even pick up that sport.
Pickleball is fast gaining popularity in the USA and across the globe and as it reaches the levels of professionalism seen by other racket sports, players have begun to not just play the sport but also look a part.
As a result, more and more players are looking to choose the best possible pickleball bag for their needs. If you are also one of those who want to get the best deals on a pickleball bag, here are a few of the best you could look to buy based on your preferences.
And before you get to that, you can also look at our piece on what are the things you could look to put into a pickleball bag before a tournament or match practice. Here’s what to pack in a perfect pickleball bag.
Here goes our list of the best pickleball bags you can buy this year.
- Franklin Sports Pickleball Sling Bag
- Onix Pickleball Backpack Unit
- Fila Pickleball Backpack
- Head Pickleball Backpack
- Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag
- Pik-le-Ball Pickleball Bag
- Vulcan VPRO
- Pickleball Ready Pickleball Tote for Women
- Pickleball Fanatic Duffel Bag
- Selkirk Sport Pickleball Backpack
- Amazin’ Aces Paddle Covers Set
Below is a detailed explanation on the pros and cons associated with each of these bags.
Franklin Sports Pickleball Sling Bag
It is the official bag of the US Open Pickleball Championships but that’s not what makes this a great bag to possess for both, the professionals and amateurs.
It’s high quality in every sense of the word makes it one of the best in the market – if not the best – but at the same time, it isn’t priced that exorbitantly.
There are separate sections for the paddles and other equipment to go with some other for other accessories. The Franklin Sports Pickleball Sling Bag also allows you to carry your mobile phone and your keys, and gives some extra space for food-items.
And with its well-adjustable straps make it very easy for all body sizes.
- Has the kind of room which can hold a lot of paddles
- Multiple compartments allow a lot of room for accessories (including mobile phone and keys)
- Adjustable straps which allow the bag to be used by multiple body sizes
- Very stylish in the way it’s designed
- Not the costliest bag in the market
- Each compartment has lesser room than some of the other pickleball bags
Onix Pickleball Backpack Unit
One of the best-looking pickleball bags, the Onix Pickleball Backpack Unit is, as the name suggests, a backpack as opposed to the aforementioned sling bag.
Its looks, however, isn’t the only reason this bag makes it to this list because it has amazing functionality to go with that design.
Unlike some of the other backpacks in the market, this one from the Onix stables is specifically made for pickleball which makes it one to possess if you are a pickleball player.
Like the previous bag, this also has adjustable straps which make it suitable for everyone but to go with it, has a breathable mesh fabric on the front and the back. This makes it easier for you if you don’t want to sweat too much (and who does!).
- Storage space is a huge plus
- Allows multiple compartments for different objects
- Has a cool and funky design
- Breathable mesh which prevents sweating issues
- Slightly costlier
- No external bottle holder
Fila Pickleball Backpack
Had it not been for its price, we would have probably recommended this over the Onix Pickleball Backpack Unit but if that’s not a concern for you, you should go for this.
What gives the Fila Pickleball Backpack the edge over other backpacks for pickleball players is its super spaciousness. Other than the paddles, this backpack can also carry towels, clothes, balls and other accessories including shoes.
Shoes! Yes, it has a separate compartment for shoes, which is always a good thing – don’t want to mix them with your clothes and other stuff in the bag, right?
To go with this, there is enough space to hold four pickleball paddles, and other accessories like keys and mobile phones can also be carried in different compartments.
- Insulated compartments for hot and cold drinks
- A different shoe compartment
- Enough space to carry up to four paddles
- One of the costlier backpacks for pickleball players
HEAD Pickleball Backpack
HEAD is one of the biggest brands in the world of tennis equipment and they have used that experience to manufacture a solid, pickleball backpack which is expected to last long for all your pickleball storage needs.
While it can hold only two paddles unlike some of the others on this list, the big advantage is both these paddles are protected by paddings.
The multiple compartments in this backpack allow a separate storage of shoes and keys and a mobile phone. There is a padded panel on the back which allows an easy use of the bag even when carrying a heavy load.
- Can keep paddles, shoes and other accessories in different compartments
- Paddles are protected by paddings
- Good-looking backpack makes it stand out on court
- Has a separate bottle-holder
- Only allows up to two paddles
Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag
Available in different and cool-looking colors, the Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag is one of the more economical options available in the market. So if you probably just starting out and aren’t looking to spend too much on your pickleball bag, you could look at this option.
While the Game On Pickleball Duffle Bag has no separate shoe compartment, it can hold up to two to four pickleball paddles. To go with a compartment for a bottle holder, this 18″X10.5″ sized bag has enough space to handle all of your necessary accessories as well.
It can be hand-carried or you can fling it over your shoulder and comes in four colors.
- One of the least expensive pickleball bags
- It is long-lasting despite its low cost
- One of the lighter weights around
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Does not have segregated sections to organize different accessories
Pik-le-Ball Pickleball Bag
In what is a pickleball bag specially designed for women pickleball players, the Pik-le-Ball Pickleball Bag is one of the best in the business.
Available in pink and blue, this brand of bag has a water-bottle holder, a paddle case which can fit at least two (if not more) pickleball paddles and has enough room in it for other items without it being bulky.
The bag has ventilation holes to ensure the equipment and accessories inside remain cool while a separate water-bottle holder ensures there’s no worry about spillage causing damage.
The inside of the bag has a pocket for a mobile phone and another for pickleball balls, to go with a compartment for personal belongings.
- It’s as stylish as a pickleball bag can get
- Multiple compartments make it very easy to organize items
- The size is just perfect, can carry it all without being too bulky
- Owners offer full refund including shipping charges in case of quality issues
- On a slightly expensive side as compared to some of the unisex pickleball bags
The Vulcan VPRO is one of the premium pickleball bag options available in the market. Armed with a truckload of storage space, the Vulcan VPRO has padding inside for protection but it also adds a lot of comfort at the same time.
This backpack offers an insulated compartment for a bottle of drink and has a dedicated compartment for every other piece of equipment and accessory.
Typically used by the very serious pickleball players, Vulcan VPRO also has a separate shoe compartment and comes in six different colors.
- One of the biggest pickleball bags in the market
- Has a pickleball paddle compartment dedicated to it
- Other compartments to store valuables and accessories
- Insulated compartment to store one’s drink
- It is one of the most expensive pickleball bags in the market
Pickleball Ready Pickleball Tote for Women
A pickleball tote bag is a type of bag which is a compromise between the sling bag and a duffel bag, making it an attractive option for those wanting neither this, nor that in terms of the size.
Typically a tote bag has the interests of a woman pickleball player in mind and often comes in very attractive colors. And one of the best such bags in the market is the Pickleball Ready Pickleball Tote for Women.
A bag made for the casual pickleball player, it can be also be used for purposes other than for carrying pickleball equipment but it does not look like a gym bag either.
- One of the less expensive options available in the market
- Can be used for multiple purposes other than pickleball
- Available in various colors and designs
- Not meant specifically at pickleball players
- Durability is a concern
- Lack of padding could force players to use pickleball paddle cover
Pickleball Fanatic Duffel Bag
A large-sized bag, the Pickleball Fanatic Duffel Bag has multiple compartments which allow players to organize their equipment in the way they want. This is typically not the case with most duffel bags.
It can be used as both, a handle and a strap bag, and its size allows it to carry multiple paddles along with other equipment and accessories.
While it cannot be used by professional pickleball players, the Pickleball Fanatic Duffel Bag is sturdy and has a big main compartment for use.
- Reasonably-priced bag for that kind of size and quality
- Six-month anti-defect guarantee provided by manufacturer for material damage and craftsmanship
- A dedicated shoe compartment & bottle holder
- Shoulder strap to change things around
- Reports of not the best smell emanating from the material
- One of the lesser comfortable pickleball bags in this list
Selkirk Sport Pickleball Backpack
Available in blue and red, the Selkirk Sport Pickleball Backpack is one of the better bags for pickleball players with a solid design and multiple compartments for the accessories.
This backpack allows nearly half a dozen paddles to be fit in and has a mesh bottle pocket for storage. The bag can also be used to carry a laptop which is different from most other backpacks mentioned here.
- Big enough to fit six pickleball paddles
- Allows you to carry a bottle of drink
- Has a compartment for a laptop
- Straps are adjustable for stability
- There is no special section for the paddles making it difficult to fit some kinds of paddles
Amazin’ Aces Paddle Covers Set
Technically this is not a pickleball bag but we had to include the Amazin’ Aces Paddles Covers Set in this list.
That’s because the amateur player or the beginner might not quite need an expensive bag to play the sport; instead a paddle cover to protect the paddles should be more than enough.
This is a set of two paddle covers which should take care of almost every pickleball paddle in the market.
However, it would still make it difficult for players to transport the paddles because of their fragility and at some point a bag might be needed.
- The most inexpensive form of storing pickleball paddles
- High durability
- Difficult to transport
- Could end up reducing the life of the paddles